· The Postpartum Balloon is a silicone balloon catheter with a maximum inflation volume of 500 mL.The Rapid Instillation Components include polymer tubing with an IV bag spike and three-way valve. It is used for temporary control or reduction of postpartumuterine bleeding when conservative management is warranted.
· While the balloon is inflated with sterilized saline, the postpartum balloon applies pressure to the uterine walls that will help to hemostasis.
· The Cervical Ripening Balloon is a silicone double balloon catheter. It is used for physical dilation of cervical canal prior while the cervix is unfavorable for induction. Maximum balloon inflation is 80mL/balloon.
· Balloons are inflated with sterilized saline.
· By using the pressure of both balloon, the cervix will synthesize and release prostaglandin, and promote the cervix ripening.